||Using MotionBuilder with Poser
Using MotionBuilder with Poser
By Markcus Dunn
1. Load the model you want to animate into Poser (I’m using Victoria 2 for this
2. Turn off IK for legs and arms (if on)
3. Open the joint editor
4. Select the model’s hip and click Zero Figure in the Joint Editor.
5. Export as a .bvh file.
6. Choose Scale Automatically
7. Import the bvh file into MotionBuilder.
8. From the Asset Browser, drag and drop the Character icon onto your skeleton and
9. Double-click your Character named “Character” under Characters and open the
Character definition panel.
10. From the scene browser, drag and drop the skeleton body parts into the correct
slot. You must fill in all of the Base parts. You may want to match some
additional parts as well.
Continued on Next Page